You know that smoking isn’t good for you. But did you also know these things?
1: Each cigarette reduces your life by about 11 minutes. 
2: Cigarette smoke contains over 4,800 chemicals, 69 of which are known to cause cancer. They include: 
- Arsenic – used in rat poison;
- Formaldehyde – embalming fluid;
- Tar – material for paving roads;
- Nicotine – used as insecticide;
- Cadmium – active component in battery acid.
3: Smokers die an average of 13 to 14 years earlier than non-smokers. 
4: Cigarette smoking is responsible for more deaths each year than deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, car accidents, suicides, and murders combined. [5, 6]
5: Smoking causes more than just cancer. It also is linked to: 
- erectile dysfunction;
- eye disease – leading to blindness;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema);
- coronary heart disease;
- acute myeloid leukemia;
- different cancers, including bladder, esophageal, larynx, lung, mouth, throat, cervical, uterine, kidney, stomach, and pancreatic cancers.
You don’t have to be a victim of another cigarette. Do something today by signing up for StopMySmoking. You’re worth it!