You know that smoking isn’t good for you. But did you also know these things?
1: Each cigarette reduces your life by about 11 minutes. 
2: Cigarette smoke contains over 4,800 chemicals, 69 of which are known to cause cancer. They include: 
- Arsenic – used in rat poison;
- Formaldehyde – embalming fluid;
- Tar – material for paving roads;
- Nicotine – used as insecticide;
- Cadmium – active component in battery acid.
3: Smokers die an average of 13 to 14 years earlier than non-smokers. 
4: Cigarette smoking is responsible for more deaths each year than deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, car accidents, suicides, and murders combined. [5, 6]
5: Smoking causes more than just cancer. It also is linked to: 
- erectile dysfunction;
- eye disease – leading to blindness;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema);
- coronary heart disease;
- acute myeloid leukemia;
- different cancers, including bladder, esophageal, larynx, lung, mouth, throat, cervical, uterine, kidney, stomach, and pancreatic cancers.
You don’t have to be a victim of another cigarette. Do something today by signing up for StopMySmoking. You’re worth it!
Sign Up Now!If you are an existing user, please log in.
(to read the full article)